Hierarchical Data Storage

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 03:21:11 CST 2007

> My vision of Hieararchy Binary Link is -- that it should be in
> behind table
> with this fields. So in fact you have:
>
>     Table T1 (productName)
>
>     Table of Link (parentPtr, childPtr, left, right)
>
> So this "link fields" are extracted from YOUR TABLE to make design
> more

> clean.
>
> MAY BE you can self implement this way...

Solution would look like this

in a project
Hierarchy Table

having  (parentptr (selfjoin) ,left, right)

T1..n(description of  AN entity within  A hierarchy)

n number of 1:1 links From Tn to Hierarchy table

Maybe solution would be cleaner if for every Tn I create a Tn
Hierarchy table

Yes, OK this is not finished but I definitely can work something out.

THX Ruslan, good discussion