Hierarchical Data Storage -- XML

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Feb 10 16:43:20 CST 2007

On 10/2/07 9:55 PM, "Keith Hutchison" <keith.kjtl.hutchison at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm also interested in 'how' do I create a Valentina db that mimics
> the structure of an xml file.

In short:

* its possible save even into ONE self-recursive table
* may be it is more effective use 2 or few tables for different XML objects.

Btw, another way do queries on recursive structures which was invented not
so far, is XPATH. Another dream to be implemented in Valentina also.

> I currently have a subclass called DictionaryXML
>
> The main application I use it in has a tcp/ip interface
>
> If I do the following at the command line
> pcl -a 127.0.0.1 -p 6352 -c "analyser.preferences(summary.CPT.decimalPlaces)
> -v
> I get 0 returned
>
> If I do the following
> pcl -a 127.0.0.1 -p 6352 -c
> "analyser.preferences(summary.CPT.decimalPlaces=2) -v
> The value in the xml file gets changed to 2

> Also ... if the path does not exist then it creates it.
>
> I currently use a shell from within an excel worksheet to get preferences
> I'm looking at speeding it up.

> If I could easily mimic the flexibility of an xml file within
> valentina then that would
> one one of making this part of my app faster.
>
> Any ideas?

Let me know if above 2 ways need more details from me.

----
If you plan use only LOCAL db engine, you can do this task of searches the
most effective with API methods of Valentina and Sets.

Write simple enough recursive method which go down and down and on each
level you keep own Vset of found records.