Hierarchical Data Storage

Keith Hutchison keith.kjtl.hutchison at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 13:55:21 CST 2007

I'm also interested in 'how' do I create a Valentina db that mimics
the structure of an xml file.

I currently have a subclass called DictionaryXML

The main application I use it in has a tcp/ip interface

If I do the following at the command line
pcl -a 127.0.0.1 -p 6352 -c "analyser.preferences(summary.CPT.decimalPlaces) -v
I get 0 returned

If I do the following
pcl -a 127.0.0.1 -p 6352 -c
"analyser.preferences(summary.CPT.decimalPlaces=2) -v
The value in the xml file gets changed to 2
Also ... if the path does not exist then it creates it.

I currently use a shell from within an excel worksheet to get preferences
I'm looking at speeding it up.
If I could easily mimic the flexibility of an xml file within
valentina then that would
one one of making this part of my app faster.

Any ideas?

--
Keith Hutchison
http://balance-infosystems.com http://realopen.org