tables and binary links -- future improvements

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 9 14:08:24 CST 2007

On 9/2/07 9:29 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

> So are you saying that when you have had the chance to optimize the
> code, the binary link will be preferable ?

So again, yes.

In my vision BinaryLink itself must be very smart and be kind of mutable
object.

* if we have 1 : 1 Binary link it must store data on disk in one way

* if we have 1 : M link, then it must store data the same to ObjectPtr but
without "infecting" Many table.

* if we have M : M - then do it as know.
    and even here possible optimizations if add more knowledge about
    link, in particular, may happens that in application always
    queries go from T1 to T2. Then its possible to reduce size of BinaryLink
    in 2 times, and speedup in 2 times insert/delete

* another dream resolve task of how to use BinaryLink instead of
    MM link-table which have additional fields. In worse case
    BinaryLink can hide behind classic MM table with N fields.
    but will looks more consistent :-)