tables and binary links

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 9 13:48:10 CST 2007

On 9/2/07 9:29 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Right now I'd recommend use
>>
>>     ObjectPtrs for 1:1  and M:1
>>
>>     BinaryLink      M:M to replace link-tables with 2 fields.
>

> So are you saying that when you have had the chance to optimize the
> code, the binary link will be preferable?

YES.

> In my eyes it feels like this design would be preferable because it
> makes the database schema much more flexible. It feels like being
> able to store joins to different entities on a as-needed basis.

Exactly. You have catch point! :-)
One of the most advantage of BinaryLinks is MORE FLEXIBLE design.

P.S.

Btw, binary link advatanges page exists:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vkernel:vlink:binarylink_advantages

May be you have mean other absent page ?