Binary Link : newbie question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 8 10:25:43 CST 2007

On 8/2/07 5:11 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bart,

> Hi List,
>
> here goes:
>
> when I create a binary link Link Type M:M and the owner is None how
> would I set the Deletion Control ?

But if there is no owner, then Deletion Control do not have sense.

In fact taking this into account, we have expose into VLinkBinary methods to
Set Owner if link is M:M or 1:1

IF YOUR TASK have M:M link between 2 tables, and you see sense in Cascade
deletion, you need self specify which table will be OWNER.

----
> In this case the binary link replaces for me the m:m table, that
> stores the binding info of two separate tables. How do I delete one
> such binding without touching the records in the "one" tables.

> Hmm, coming to think of it: I don't even see how I need to create a
> new binding from Table A record x to Table b record y?

Did you read this page:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vkernel:vlink:vlink