V4MD Newbe question: SelectAllRecords crashes when no records in db

Marc Schmitt Marc_Schmitt at gmx.de
Thu Dec 20 04:05:14 CST 2007

Hi Ruslan,

> So my question is:
> do you know/read about difference of API and SQL ways?
>
> I want to see if this is your intention, or this "just happens".
>
> Problem is that API way is best for LOCAL db only. It is probably not very
> good tested by life for V4MD, and Lingo is not so fast language as e.g. RB
> or C++, so API way here can be not so best...but all depends on task.

Yes, it was my intention. From my (with my minimal knowledge)
point of view the API-style sounded more robust and comfortable
for me. And the db is meant for local usage only.

On the other hand there are much more learning resources for
sql than for valentina-API. Maybe this is important enough to
switch? I will think about that.

Best christmas regards
Marc