date-time format wrong!!

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Tue Dec 11 16:05:22 CST 2007

Hi Bart,

On 2007-12-11, at 22:40, Mr. Bart Pietercil wrote:

> in SQL editor in VStudio, ALSO returns WRONG formatted date!!
> Like this : 11-12-2007 16:35:41:123
>

> The database IS set to YYYYMMDD
>
> So at least the NOW function is exhibiting the problem.
Yes, I can confirm this one. I just play around and checked it, too.
Interesting enough, when open the DB locally in VStudio then
everything works like expected.

> But also running a trigger that uses the now function inserts non
> yyyymmdd formated dates (and screws up all date handling we are
> doing in the backend)
> HUGUE problem for us as the release date is approaching fast

I didn't get this one. Because if you store the value of now() in a
Date or DateTime column then the value and not the string
representation should be stored inside of the field. If it is
important, why don't you try to get separate values or use your own
method to build your own propitiate string as a workaround until the
dev crew fix this issue?

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--