Sort using system settings (Mac OS X)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Dec 10 01:24:39 CST 2007

>> O Ö P IS the correct order. Why do you thing it should be O P Ö?
>> This is a plain ascii sorting. The first ordering is the result of
>> the ICU library. Have a look at http://www.icu-project.org/
>>

> Sadly, that does not appear to be the case for Swedish. To prove it,
> set the International sort preference to Swedish. Now create a folder
> with three subfolders with these names
>
> Åmick, JD
> Awram, P
> Alley, MR
>
> When you sort in the Finder, they sort as
>
> Alley, MR
> Awram, P
> Åmick, JD
>
> Change the International sort to English and they sort as
>
> Alley, MR
> Åmick, JD
> Awram, P
>
> So my user, who is Swedish, BTW, and should know, is correct.
>
> But Valentina is ignoring the cue from the System Preferences for sort
> order...

1) Well, I remember tat Valentina takes from Sys Settings
    the date format.
    date/time separators...

And really, I think Valentina do not take info from International panel. You
can add this request into Mantis.

2) I do not understand then why Beatrix says that
>> O Ö P IS the correct order.

    Bart, can you confirm please correct order ?

3) Jon, yes I also sometimes use OS X to see order of chars or something
like this which gives ICU.

We have give In Valentina access to ALL ICU parameters. It should work...