Server licenses -- with Flush()

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Aug 25 08:04:33 CDT 2007

On 25/8/07 2:44 PM, "YSD AG" <support at ysd.ch> wrote:

Hi Fabian,

> Hello Ruslan
>
> I found an other point to discuss in my app:
>
> If Valentina triggers an error in VB6 I catch it with ON ERROR ...

ok

> Because VServer closes a connection after 30' of no communication (that was
> configured from us in the INI file) we want reconnect automatically. To do
> so I inserted the following code into the error routine:
>
>   If DMXPServer() Then   'Checks if the app works
> client/server
>     If Not myConnection.IsConnected Then
>       Set myConnection = Nothing
>       Call DBOpen(myDBEncrypted_OK)
>       DoError = True
>       Exit Function
>     End If
>   End If
>
> I omit myDB.Close because I think that this was done by the server. DBOpen()
> makes a new connection and opens the DB.

right

> It seems alway to work but I am not really shure if Set myConnection=Nothing
> or omitting the myDB.Close and probably Set myDB=Nothing could do some harm
> to the database...

I think you do it all right.

Note, that if SERVER have cancel connection of a client on timeout,
    then yes, Vconnection on client side became invalid,
    and all objects created in the scope of this connection also.

Important is to understand, that now Client objects already cannot harm db
in any way, because they will not send any commands to vserver.

So its really no sense do db.Close()...