Indexing problems in V4RB, again

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sun Apr 29 12:08:25 CDT 2007

On Sunday, April 29, 2007 sunshine at public.kherson.ua (Ruslan Zasukhin) wrote:

>> If I didn't have VStudio, is there another way to fix this problem?  I thought
>> Clone was supposed to fix things like this.
>
>This just never should happens if you really mark index as UNIQUE.

But the index is marked as unique.  That is why I am getting the VException on trying to insert a new record.

Actually, I'm doing more testing and now I'm not sure what is happening with the unique field.  There does seem to be a problem with converting this database from 2.4.3 to 2.5.9, but now I don't know that it is due to duplicate key fields. One thing I do know is that VStudio crashes every time I open this database and then quit VStudio...

I need to step back a bit and start my testing over.  I've been digging myself in pretty deep and may be chasing my tail a bit.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/