Valentina .NET

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Apr 29 06:23:58 CDT 2007

On 29/4/07 1:40 PM, "alfonsofung at gmail.com" <alfonsofung at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Alfonso,

>>> I don't really understand Binary Link; usually 2 records are linked by a
>>> key fields depending on the value, that way when the key fields in one
>>> record is changed, the link is cut.  In the case of Binary Link, how can
>>> I define the link?  When the key fields value change, do I have to
>>> redefine the Binary Link again, and if so, what are the codes.
>>>

>> Did you read this:
>>
>> http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
>> tation:vkernel:vlink:vlink

BinaryLink as well as ObjectPtr field are based on RecID field of Valentina
table.

RecID field always exists in Valentina Tables.
You can use it or not use it. Up to you.

RecID field play role of key field.

And RecID field NEVER change its value, like Key field can.

So for ObjectPtr and for BinaryLinks there is no ON UPDATE rule, like have
Foreign Key. Exists only ON DELETE rule.