3.0 and 2.x Valentina Upgrades and Renewals; Linux Additions

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Apr 26 10:44:25 CDT 2007

> I agree each and every word :-)
>
> Couldn't be better said, Kim!
>
> (just don't remember if my subscription will be valid for the
> upgrade ;)

Im glad to hear this. If you've been involved with Paradigma for some time
you know my other company Proactive is involved with a wide range of
technology companies - from clip art, to 3D to technical tools - Ive sold
SuperCard, REALbasic and Revolution plus a few high level SDKs in the game
market. Comparatively speaking, stability in your IDE as a developer should
be five times greater magnitude than in the $50 game you just purchased (I
have a project that was created in REALbasic 5.5 and will probably stay in
5.5 for quite some time to come). Underlying technologies like databases are
an order of magnitude greater than the IDEs :-)

There are quite a few customers who will jump on one or several features in
Valentina 3 because those features will mean an order of magnitude
difference to their business. A very large number of customers will begin
evaluating Valentina 3 and make a decision months down the road - but will
want updates to 2.5.x in the meantime. With the current plan, we arent quite
as motivated to rapidly push you forward, except when supporting the old
really does become too problematic.

Valentina 2.x to 3.x should be a much, much easier transition than 1.x to
2.x when you are ready.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President