0002268: First search after reboot takes very very long time, then instant.

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Tue Apr 24 00:38:02 CDT 2007

On 2007-04-24, at 01:46, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 24/4/07 2:24 AM, "Joakim Schramm" <joakim at astrocalc.com> wrote:
>
>>> And we do not see ANY MORE serious bug reports.

> Sergey is scheduled to profile your project Tomorrow.
> Lets see what he will report to us.

Perhaps I'm totally wrong here, but the description remembers me at
my issues with my "cashier-app". It was not the execution of the
query, but the starting of valentina, loading of the db and putting
the data in cache and all this during "first query".

My solution (of course for server only!) is a simple app, executed
during startup of the server, which connects to the server and
database and simple do a "select c1, c2, ... from t1 " for every
table in the database.

So perhaps  my report

	0002274: need option to load a database at start of the server

will contribute to this issue, too and additional option for a table,
like FrontBase, "load in cache during start up" would really solve it.

Joakim if you're using VServer too then you should check if starting
and connecting with VStudio and execution of your query before
starting your app will resolve your speed issues.

If you're using embedded / local databases then you need something
different I'm afraid.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--