Constructors and moving from V4RB x1 to x2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 23 18:43:22 CDT 2007

On 24/4/07 1:42 AM, "Bill Mounce" <BillMounce at Comcast.net> wrote:

Hi Bill,

> Constructors and moving from V4RB 1 => 2
>
> I have been using Valentina for years, starting with an early version
> of x1. Recently I have been going through some of the newer demos,
> and my how some things have changed. This may be obvious, but can
> someone confirm a suspicion?
>
> 1. In version 1 we built constructors that defined the database, such
> as:
>
>    // set name of the Table
>    name = "FLASH"
>
>    // Make fields of the Table
>    dbDifficulty = new VShort( "DIFFICULTY", EVFlag.fIndexed )
>    dbType = new VString( "TYPE", 1 )
>
> It now appears that these are not even necessary and that the
> Valentina plugin gains the database definitions from the database
> itself. Correct?

Not very correct.
Both ways did work always.

You may find useful to read this article:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:articles:choosing_a_style_of_coding

> 2. If I want to add a field, can I do this from Studio, or do I have
> to do a SQL call to add the field?

You can go with both ways

BUT ... Better that Your REALBasic application has code to maintain schema.
E.g. Because Your users do not have vstudio.

Also Vstudio change is NOT acceptable if you use Class-way in your project