The day of complains // 2.5.10 and 3.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 23 16:13:57 CDT 2007

On 23/4/07 11:30 PM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

> Sorry Ruslan, I really understand your need, but sometimes it's
> simply to much for only one day.

Hi All,

Okay, I fell today is bad lack for Paradigma to catch portion of poison. :-)
Its not first time so we will try be participant.

People. You all are developers.
And I hope many of you know what is SUPPORT of customers and bug fixes.

You really think we can FIX something if you *EVEN* do not report it
into Mantis ???

Mantis is PUBLIC. Please go into Mantis and check,
that we fix >95% of reported issues. You see that?

So if you want that YOUR ISSUE as fixed:
    Find time to report (at least).

------------------
Should I teach you HOW TO REPORT bug to be helpful and get fast fix?
In fact this present in this FAQ:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:documen
tation:vbugs:faqs:faqs

-----------------
* You do not want test 2.5.9?
    You are very busy?
    Then can you expect your 2.5.9 issue will be fixed in 2.5.10?

Again and again I will point:
    * Starting with 2.0 we grow here the HUGE set of regression tests.
        more of 30,000 tests currently.
    * BEFORE EACH build we run tests and they must be DONE all.
    * We have in each ADK the TEST project which test ADK plugin itself.

So when you say that 2.5.9 has something BROKEN -- this means that our
regression tests do not have case which YOU are using in your project.
And this means that YOU are using something that not present even in our
examples.

How we can know WHAT YOU have write in your project?
May be YOU have made MISTAKE in your project ?

3 years ago with 2.0 we keep silent and really have debug YOUR big projects.
Last 3-6 months in 80% cases we see that WHEN developer TRY produce SIMPLE
project "the Valentina bug" do not happens and next day developer says --
    sorry it was MY bug.

This is one of main reason we say
    ALWAYS try reproduce problem in SIMPLE-5-minutes-to-make project

---------------
* YES sometimes bugs are very complex and happens ONLY with some specific
conditions of YOUR complex project.

But then please understand -- that THIS BUG -- is very RARE.
And other developers very unlikely will get into it.

So we DO NOT consider such bug as HIGH PRIORITY. Reasonable?

Next,

IF bug is not reproduced in SIMPLE project, then why you expect that
Paradigma engineers must spend hours or days learning (sometimes big mess)
logic and code of some developer projects? MySQL and Postgre for example
offer this as kind of expensive paid support.