2.5.10 and 3.0

jda jda at his.com
Mon Apr 23 10:04:02 CDT 2007

>Would  you  like  to enumerate the problems which make you think
>2.5.x is unstable?

Hi Ivan,

I reported (here, not Mantis) a 100% reproducible bug that corrupted
my blobs, rendering 2.5.9 unusable for me. I downgraded to 2.5.8,
which doesn't have this bug.

I was told to create a small app that reproduces the problem, but I
really don't have the time or desire to reinstall 2.5.9, play with
the examples and see if I can create it there, then reinstall 2.5.8
so I can get some work done. Frankly, it is not acceptable (to me) to
ask that I spend what could be hours trying to reproduce the bug in
an example when I can reproduce it easily with my project (which I of
course freely share with you). In my vast experience debugging
Valentina (and as one who has reported well over 100 bugs I have
spent a lot of time doing this) I have found that many bugs can't be
reproduced in simple examples because they only arise after some very
specific combination of events and/or property settings (if that
weren't the case they'd be caught by you regression tests).

Like a lot of people commenting here, I know you guys work very hard
and do your best to squash bugs, but I have to say it is a rare
upgrade (0.1 or otherwise) that doesn't break my project.

Jon