2.5.10 and 3.0

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 23 08:45:34 CDT 2007

On 23/4/07 3:23 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
<christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:

> Ruslan,
>

> For your users (developer of this list for example), the priority is
> 2.5.x stable.
> We need to use valentina in all "security". We can't deliver the
> applications developped with valentina if valentina is not stable.
>
> More, we can suppose that will be the same thing for future versions.
> You don't stabilize 2.5 because you are working on v3. So, we can
> extrapolate that when we'll be on a v3.x.x, you won't stabilize it
> because you will work on the v4, etc.

And what is not stable???

We "stabilize 2.5.x" starting from Nov,  right?
We have ship
    2.5.1 - 2.5.9

And you say -- "we do not want stabilize 2.5.x" ????

During this 6 month period you have not see ANY 3.0 features affects,
Because it was in separate branch. All as asked.

During this 6 months all our 30,000 tests works as they was
AND we have FIX 95% of __reported__ bugs. RIGHT ?

During this 6 months we have add MORE and MORE our regression tests
AND they also works.

So WE DO NOT see where it is not stable.

Yes we have now in Mantis about 5-10 _fresh_ bug reports.
But this is not a reason forever delay 3.0.
RIGHT?

I can assume that if keep 2.5.x as only version on site, that during next
year will be found more bugs.

> Finally, we will never have a stable version. This doesn't give trust
> in the future versions.
>
> Conclusion : please, stabilize 2.5.x. Thanks.

And what is criteria ?!! :-)

Sorry, for me Win98 is NOT stable.
Why MS have ship future versions ?

Or REALbasic do not ship newer versions?