about 2.5.10 // Resolved 0002294: DB gets corrupted after schema change

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Apr 23 05:02:57 CDT 2007

>  > mmm... wouldn't it be nice to have some reliably stable 2.5.x as
>>  solid ground for 3.0?
>
>We will consider this of course.
>But time ...

Remember our discussion about branching? It is exactly to avoid such
dilemmas. If you have proper setup for branching, fixing the bug in
2.5.x branch requires a single CVS command to have it merged into
3.0.x branch, where this bug also exists most likely. You make
current release more stable and don't sacrify time spent working on
the next release.

>  > This is a quite annoying bug that can affect anyone trying to update
>>  a db schema.
>
>No, 3.0 is not so painful as switch to 2.1.
>
>If you open db by 3.0 engine, it only add dummy records about Triggers,
>Views, ... Into SYS tables. This NOT change FORMAT of db. So engine 2.x can
>open this db also again.

He means the bug not the upgrade. The bug is causing problems to
anyone who changes his db schema.

Robert