[V4RB] Continuing problem with "Can't load library VShared_win32_Release_VC.dll"

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Tue Apr 17 09:56:05 CDT 2007

On Tuesday, April 17, 2007 BillMounce at Comcast.net (Bill Mounce) wrote:

>I am sorry to have been imprecise. I meant, does it matter where I
>get the files FROM to create the installer? Can I tell Inno Setup to
>go to the Paradigma folder and get the files from there?
>
>What can cause a file not to load, other than the VResources folder
>is not present?

My Windows knowledge is rudimentary so you can take this for what it is worth.  But because I don't have an in depth knowledge of Windows, I try to handle things on the simplest level.

When I use Inno Setup to create an installer for a Valentina app, I first create the folder as it would appear on the end users computer.  That means adding my app, the VComponents files, the readme, etc into the folder.  Then I run the app in that folder.  If the app works, then I have Inno Setup create the installer from files in that same folder.  That way, I know I'm getting the correct files and there is no question of mismatched files.

Yes, this is a bit of added work because I have to manually copy the VComponents from where ever the Valentina installer places them.  But, if you are expecting the user to run the app with the VComponents in the same folder as the app, then you need to do this anyway to test.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/