Feature Request: Vconnection.releaselocks

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 16 11:21:02 CDT 2007

On 16/4/07 3:57 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bart,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> We are struggling with locks on the database:
>
> 1) what happens when while reading a cursor the program crashes
> --> Cursor is not "nilled" so lock is maintained on server---> when
> is the lock released ?

OF COURSE.

If you will watch in terminal or in LOG file,
With VerboseLevel = 3, you will see line as

    client suddenly was disconnected

Have you see it? This means that Vserver have detect break of connection,
Then it destroy automatically all objects related to this client.
And of course it unlock all records.

> Do we have to restart the server?

NO.

> Will the connection and the locks on that connection be dropped on
> timeout?

The are dropped immediately

> Would it be feasible to have a function
>
> VConnection.releaseAllLocks ?
>
> Meaning for this connection release all locks.
>
> Would come in handy when in debugging we stop the program without
> passing the cursor= nil statement?
>
> Comments appreciated

PLEASE check in TERMANIL output of your Vserver.

You MUST SEE
    client suddenly was disconnected