[V4RB] Apps compiled with 2.5.9 on a Mac still don't work on the PC (Vista and XP)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 14 01:30:14 CDT 2007

On 13/4/07 8:56 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Applications created with V4RB 2.5.9 on a Mac for Windows Vista or XP
> still don't work. Creation of a database is extremely slow (50s vs 3s
> on a Mac) and once it is created it is impossible to open it. I get a
> 'SegmentMap is corrupted' error. 100% reproducible (not random).
>
> If I try to open an existing database the application stalls and
> after 2 minutes I get a Runtime error that says 'This application has
> requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way...' I get two
> more Windows warnings and the app closes.

Hi Stan,

So lets cleanup this issue.
If you want please contact me off list, I will give you my AIM or ICQ.

I think good step can be:
    * try build our V4RB/Examples/1x_Examples/SingleTable
    * run it on your WIN.

This example has menu item Build database.
This inserts 100K records.
Table have EACH existed Valentina field type including TEXT.
This usually takes 3.5 sec on my MAC.

What this gives on your side?