[V4RB] Apps compiled with 2.5.9 on a Mac still don't work on the PC (Vista and XP)

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Fri Apr 13 13:08:19 CDT 2007

On Friday, April 13, 2007 maxprog at mac.com (Stan Busk) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Applications created with V4RB 2.5.9 on a Mac for Windows Vista or XP
>still don't work. Creation of a database is extremely slow (50s vs 3s
>on a Mac) and once it is created it is impossible to open it. I get a
>'SegmentMap is corrupted' error. 100% reproducible (not random).
>
>If I try to open an existing database the application stalls and
>after 2 minutes I get a Runtime error that says 'This application has
>requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way...' I get two
>more Windows warnings and the app closes.
>
>Any idea how I can finally compile my apps for the Windows plaform? I
>am one month late. I tried on 3 PCs so far. Valentina fails on all.
>
>Stan
>
>> - 0002265: [V4RB Binding Framework] Applications created with V4RB
>> on a Mac
>> no longer work on either Windows XP and Vista (ruslan)

Just for informational purposes, my apps would not run on Windows XP with  V4RB 2.5.8, but it cleared up with 2.5.9.  The apps run fine, but I never checked if I could create a database since my users don't do that - they get a database from me.  Also, my databases are very small so I don't know if any slowness would be perceptible.  But again, my Mac created apps wouldn't run on XP in 2.5.8 but they run fine now.  Obviously, your problem must be different, but Mantis item 2265 was fixed for me.

Steve

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/