File-DB style on PC and RB

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 11 10:41:48 CDT 2007

On 11/4/07 6:16 PM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com> wrote:

>> Because Valentina WIN EXPECT to see extension vdb.
>
> But I explicitly use "mydb" in the folder item and not "mydb.vdb"

>> No. all right here.
>
> Really???  If Mac works w/o ".vdb" and my app / FolderItem use w/o
> ".vdb" so why Valentina expects a .vdb? Without  searching is THIS
> mentioned in the WIki?

I think it is VERY COMMON behavior :-)

Note, if you develop CROSS-platform application,
Then it is good idea to have

  fi =  getFolderItem( "mydb.vdb" )

And in this case EVEN on mac you always will have .vdb
You see?

We have many MAC only developers, which use SINGLE-file mode for db,
So they prefer to not use extension to be MAC-savvy