File-DB style on PC and RB

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Wed Apr 11 10:16:59 CDT 2007

Hi,

On 2007-04-11, at 17:07, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> Because Valentina WIN EXPECT to see extension vdb.

But I explicitly use "mydb" in the folder item and not "mydb.vdb"

>> The workaround was to copy(!) not to rename the mydb file to
>> mydb.vdb.
>
> Simple RENAME must works of course.
> I think that was some glitch of your OS

Simply renaming was NOT the solution, because the I got a crash
because my FolderItem tries to open "mydb" without ".vdb" and really
opens the file without ".vdb" - THAT was the issue.

Furthermore, if I simply rename "mydb" to "mydb.vdb" and then try to
open it i.e. with VStudio I got an error and ended up with a corrupt
database, several tries all with the same result.

>> After this the initialization went through with no issue
>> and then "mydb" (w/o .vdb) was opened! So there must be a point where
>> the PC-version expected a ....vdb and a mac not?
>>
>> Any ideas? Should I file it to mantis?
>
> No. all right here.

Really???  If Mac works w/o ".vdb" and my app / FolderItem use w/o
".vdb" so why Valentina expects a .vdb? Without  searching is THIS
mentioned in the WIki?

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--