Vista Problem with Valentina Xtra for Director

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Mon Apr 9 07:27:37 CDT 2007

Hi Bob,

i have installed your program here. i have NOT run it from the
installer - instead i have completed
the installer first. After installing Vista tolds me that maybe
something is wrong with the installer!
Then i had to choose manually if installation was successfully or not
- i choosed successfully.

After that glitch i started your program - and it WORKS - no crash!

So - very strange...

I REALLY RECOMMEND that you now try to get the GettingStarted example
to run!
Maybe something is wrong with the path settings on Vista.
I remember that i had problems with another program on Vista - and
this problem
was gone after setting the PATH environment variable. It was
initially empty
in my user settings - i have set it to %PATH - the system path.
I do NOT know if this is related - but maybe you can give it a try...

Once again: PLEASE try to get the GettingStarted example to work !
And let us know if it works.

Jochen Peters
PIIT GmbH

http://www.valentina-db.de