Vista Problem with Valentina Xtra for Director

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Thu Apr 5 08:55:43 CDT 2007

Hi Bill,

today i have tested V4MD on Windows Vista:

1) I have compiled the "gettingStarted" example from V4MD as a
standalone Projektor
2) I have made folder "GettingStarted"
3) I have copied the projektor .exe inside this new folder
4) I have made a subfolder "Xtras" and copied the V4MD xtra there
5) i copied all stuff from the VComponents folder inside the
"GettingStarted" folder

All these steps was made on XP using Director MX 2004

6) I moved this folder to my Vista box and started the projektor

All works fine - the getting started example creates a Valentina
database, create a table and so on.
All as expected.

So - i do not see any problems here with Vista as a runtime
environment. Of course i have not
installed Director on my Vista Box - all development was done on XP!

Jochen Peters
PIIT GmbH

http://www.valentina-db.de