My database causes Valentina Studio 2.4 to crash

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Sep 15 09:25:44 CDT 2006

On 9/15/06 7:04 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

> I have more information about the bad database, I think.
>
> When building the database, a FixedBinary field is used, and it is
> indexed.

Actually FixedBinary cannot be indexed.

> Since the Diagnostic seems to point to this field's index as being
> corrupt,
> I have temporarily stopped importing this field (leaving it blank).

> This seems to allow my app to build a good database.
>
> Is there a problem with indexing a FixedBinary field? Should I not
> index it?

Right. This operation have no sense.

In fact Valentina should not allow this

> (BTW, I think I wrote to you some time about about doing searches on
> a FixedBinary field.
>   I don't remember what was finally decided.)
>
> It is not absolutely essential that this field be part of the database.

After vacation I have drop message on lists about new feature ARRAYs
described in WIKI. Please read it.

When I will start work on this feature, I will need polish very good Binary
fields.