StorageEncoding and CollationAttribute

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Sep 13 12:14:52 CDT 2006

Hello,

next question about Valentina 2.

I want my databases to have a StorageEncoding of utf8 and the
CollationAttribute secondary. When I create a new database this
works, but old, converted databases are stubborn. They have
StorageEncoding utf16 and the CollationAttribute primary.

Part of the code follows:

   'update to valentina 2
'theFolderitem is a folderitem and is the location of the database

   if valentina.GetDatabaseVersion(theFolderitem) < &h200 then

     'rename old file
     dim OldFolderitem as FolderItem = theFolderitem
     dim theName as String = OldFolderitem.Name
     OldFolderitem.Name = OldFolderitem.Name + " Old"

     'create new file
     theFolderitem = nil
     theFolderitem = OldFolderitem.Parent.Child(theName)
     Valentina.Convert_1_2(OldFolderitem, theFolderitem, true, "", "")

   end if

   'make new database
   ValentinaDB = new VDatabase
   ValentinaDB.open(theFolderitem)

   'make attachment table
   if ValentinaDB.SchemaVersion = 2 then

     'set database stuff
     ValentinaDB.StorageEncoding = "UTF8"
     ValentinaDB.CollationAttribute(EVColAttribute.kStrength) =
EVColAttributeValue.kSecondary

   end if

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.