Compiling for the command line

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Sun Oct 29 12:06:39 CST 2006

On 10/29/06 7:19 AM, Kim Kohen at kim at webguide.com.au wrote:

> For Kem's benefit, I'll just let him know that one of the things I've
> discussed with Ruslan in the past is having CLI options for accessing
> Valentina - similar to the mysql and mysqladmin apps for MySQL. I've
> found these handy for things like loading data, testing queries,
> dumps etc. I especially use them for backing up MySQL dbs.

Yes, I saw your posts. In fact, I had mentioned it to Ruslan the day before
I saw your first post on the topic. :-)

> I have no idea if this is the sort of thing you're looking to do with
> RB, but I must say I had considered having a RB application which
> could act as a conduit to Valentina.

Yes, this is what I was thinking too, but my use would be through
AppleScript as an easy way to use Valentina as a backend for scripts, and
otherwise automate certain processes in a Valentina database.

> Having said all this, I've never made a console app in RB but I'm
> willing to look and learn:)

Once I am able to compile, and have something more useful than the ³hello
world² app I have now, I¹d be happy to make the source available.