Compiling for the command line

Kim Kohen kim at webguide.com.au
Sun Oct 29 22:19:11 CST 2006

Kem, Ruslan,

> So you want make CLI for Valentina using REALbasic?
> This can be a good idea.
For Kem's benefit, I'll just let him know that one of the things I've
discussed with Ruslan in the past is having CLI options for accessing
Valentina - similar to the mysql and mysqladmin apps for MySQL. I've
found these handy for things like loading data, testing queries,
dumps etc. I especially use them for backing up MySQL dbs.

I have no idea if this is the sort of thing you're looking to do with
RB, but I must say I had considered having a RB application which
could act as a conduit to Valentina.

Having said all this, I've never made a console app in RB but I'm
willing to look and learn:)

cheers

kim