Couple of things..., VSRV not start after restart

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 24 16:41:30 CDT 2006

On 10/24/06 4:21 PM, "Michael Krugman" <amacdr at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Michael,

> I've redone my app for Universal
> Binary.  At the same time, I updated from 1x to 2x, server and RB
> Client.  On my Intel machine, when I install Embedded Server, it will
> not start on reboot.  I have to manually start it using the
> application in the Library folder.  And, if I try to customize it
> like I did with v1, it won't run at all.  Any thoughts?

I self have to see this behavior yesterday and spend time on it.

Problem is in wrong permission for

        StartupItem/VServer_Office folder.

It has something as
    rwxrwxr-x

So OS X do not start vserver from non-secure folder.

Must be
    rwxr-xr-x

To avoid this future, I have update our scripts to have this:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/StartupItems/VServer_Office

sudo chmod -R 755        /Library/StartupItems/VServer_Office