[V4RB] pgSQL4RB and CLI

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 23 01:34:25 CDT 2006

On 23.10.2006 00:35, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

>> For example, we have code that show any cursor into ListBox.
>> You can consider this as *binding*, difference only that instead of
>> mouse
>> drag you write one line of code.
> €€€€
> hmmm, don't know that I agree with this. It took me 25 lines to fill
> a listbox with a cursor. Am I missing something? Which example are
> you talking about?

I talk about
        V4RB/Examples/__shared__/CursorBrowser.rbw

Example of its usage you can find e.g. here:

        V4RB/Examples/IndexByWords

This is code:
          CursorBrowser.AssignTableToBrowse( mPerson )

Here the whole table is displayed in listbox,
Exists other examples that display just a cursor.

Kim, just stop and ask self:
   Is it possible to write such function as:

       ShowCursorInListBox( cursor, listbox )

?

Of course it is possible. Easy.

Write it once, and use 1000 times in your project.

You want binding? Make simple class-binding as describe RB docs,
And put that function into it. Done.

Kim, I 200% agree that we need add similar classes and binding to V4RB.
But for us this will be just "one more feature".

My main point is that V4RB API is so flexible and powerful that YOU SELF can
develop cool things without Paradigma. This is where is power  of Developer
Tools :-)