Newbie

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 22 12:55:50 CDT 2006

On 22.10.2006 12:49, "Kim Kohen" <kim at webguide.com.au> wrote:

Hi Kim,

>> Which project fails? Your or our?
> €€€€
> the tutorial (file 6 IIRC)  has a bug which I sent about a month ago
> to Jochim (I think)

Lesson 6 ?

Ok, I will test it also, right now I have test lesson 1
It works fine.

>> I will ask our developers check V4RB tutorial files from site
>> To be sure they are up to date.
> €€€€
> Apart from the bug, the tutorial is OK, but lacks populating a
> listbox which I believe is essential. I'm actually working on a
> tutorial which uses standard RB listboxes, Datagrids and populates
> them with RBDB and VCursors. When I get time I'll put it up somewhere
> - it's the sort of thing I wish I'd had a couple of months ago.

In our wiki we have PUBLIC area where everybody can add own pages and text.

So you can write text right there.
Later we will move it into the Main tutorial.

>> Tutorial is the SIMPLEST thing we have.
> €€€€
> It's simple but could be better.

No doubts.

We welcome any advices. Just drop a note:
    this paragraph can explain also ...

> BTW, I have begun migrating an application from MySQL to Valentina
> and every time I quit I get a VException (-61) on mDatabase.Close().
> Any idea what would be causing this?

-61  this is MAC OS Error

    http://www.svn.net/helpdesk/mac/macOSerrors.html

-61   wrPermErr       Write permissions error; Not a publisher

I have never see such error code for Valentina.

MAY BE you run your REALBasic app to work with some database while that db
is yet opened by Valentina Studio ?