bug'n crash

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 13 11:31:36 CDT 2006

On 10/13/06 3:48 AM, "Denis Bélisle" <denis at gunt.com> wrote:

Hi Denis,

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been playing with the newest V4MD since its release, after a
> long stay away from database stuff. I find the documentation still
> challenging for an almost newbee like me and the examples, although
> quite welcomed, are sometimes of limited help.

Ok, lets see what is not clear.

> For example, I'm  really interested in binding and I can't make it work the
> way I want:  that is to have a simple interface to modify data.

> There are two  example movies that do that: "Binding.dir" and
> "Records_AddDeleteUpdate.dir".

> The latter works fine, through
> specific functions that control the refresh of the data fields,

right

> but  the former, the one using binding, simply doesn't work ­ and I can't
> figure out why.

Stop.

First of all: do not confuse: exists 2 different bindings.

1) SQL binding. -- this is when you make SQL query of kind

    query = "SELECT .. WHERE f1 = :1 and f2 > :2"

    and you attach real values via binding:

    db.SqlSelect( query, [25, 98] )

    Example SQL_way/binding  -- demonstrates THIS issue.
    And this example works. What problems here??

2) Binding of data to GUI elements.
    I think you talk about this issue. Right/

> Both movies are very much alike in their GUI, but the
> "Update" button of the "Binding" movie doesn't update anything.

Hmm, we need to check this.