Syntax for updating blob fields in C++ VSDK

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Thu Oct 12 12:07:50 CDT 2006

Hello,

I am having difficulty figuring out the syntax for doing an update in
a blob field using the C++ API VSDK.

I can do this:

I_FldBlob_Ptr pBlobField = dynamic_cast< I_FldBlob* >
(aHTMLTemplateTable->valueText.get());
pBlobField->WriteData( (const char*) templateBodyC,
templateBodyLength );

and it compiles, but at runtime, it complains:

	Error code        : 525582
	Error description: Field "valueText": value was not prepared for
Update.

I am not sure where the ->get_Value( forUpdate ) goes.

I have tried to place it in various positions, like I do for a normal
field update:

aNewsgroupTable->articleTag->get_Value(forUpdate)->put_String
( articleTag );

but I can't get it to compile.

What is the syntax for accomplishing this?

- Matthew