V4REV crashes with Valentina_DebugLevel( integer )

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Oct 7 20:19:40 CDT 2006

On 10/7/06 7:15 PM, "medips" <medips at mac.com> wrote:

Hi medips,

>>> MY QUESTION IS:
>>>
>>>     if not use third party tool,
>>>     if enable DebugLevel( kLogParams ) -- using CORRECT way
>>>
>>> THEN do you see any way to crash V4REV ?
>>>     If yes - please report into Mantis how to.
>>>
>>> But I expect that in this mode - things will work much more stable.
>>
>> You have not answer this.
>
> I am not sure to catch your question. To summarize the crash happens
> with V4REV 2.4.2 in Revolution IDE Enterprise 2.7.4 build 291 under
> MacOSX 10.4.8 when calling valentina_debugLevel(2) but not when
> calling valentina_debugLevel(aConstant) when aConstant is a string
> like "kLogParams" (if aConstant is a number it crashes).
>
> As suggested I will try with Valentina 2.4.3 and a modified version
> of libDatabase that Trevor has kindly sent to me.

Ok, please let us know if any troubles.

Again -- if needed -- you can chat with us in live mode always.

> A question of mine:
> In the VServer_Embedded.ini file is the VerboseLevel value related to
> the debuglevel value?

NO.

DebugLevel -- this is job of ADK.
    V4RB, V4EV, VCOM or VNET -- they produce LOG file.
    So this controls client-side log.

Ini file of VSERVER contains verboseLevel parameter.
    this is parameter of VSERVER log .
    So this controls server-side log.

> In other words is there a way to globally set
> the debuglevel to a default value so that when the Valentina_init()
> is called it retains this default value which then would be changed
> in a session by calling the valentina_debugLevel() function?

No.

Also note next TIP:

* you can set debugLevel in general to catch only errors,
And set it to HIGH level only around code which cause troubles,

Use Log files!!

They are your friends!

E.g. Few days ago, one developer have resolve SQL problem in own project
after I have ask enable log file, and he have note that in log file date
value was with space.

2 minutes - problem solved.