BLOB

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Mon Nov 27 12:55:52 CST 2006

> >> of what I have found anyway.
> >> Would be noice if you could fix one for next beta/release
>
> > Something exists. Kirill ?
> Yes. We have VBLOB.ReadData as String and WriteData( inData
> as String ) WriteData used in our example Field_Picture_Compressed.

Sorry I missed that one, looked at the Picture sample in hope of something
but then never looked at the compressed picture one as I didn't expect to
find it there. Also, my opinion is that this sample still leave something to
wish for in regards of VBLOB as a field in my DB? Other uses then storing
pictures or text.

> Also this methods described in the VCOM_Reference.pdf

Yes but it just put and read a simple string, nothing "binary" really and
doesn't tell much about the nature of the object as such and its use. So
what I mean is it would be nice with a "pure" VBLOB sample, simply.

Regards,

Joakim