Link error

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Tue May 23 16:32:07 CDT 2006

> > Maybe that tell you something?
>
> You have corruption. I think in FAT Tree.

Ok but I think this corruption is created by Valentina, sorry to say so but
read on.
> I already spent a week in this area.
> And will continue.
>
> You need try to CLONE your database if it have vital data Or
> create new fresh one

I did a Clone and guess what after some time it ended with same error I got
initially after removing fields with vstudio not used anymore. These fields
are only used while creating and populating the dbs to set links and
pointers - they are never involved in any links though, they are pure
foregine keys not needed once the links are set and they are not references
to in my code. They are indexed though, some of them, can this be the
problem?

I just recreated my database keeping the "unnecesarry" fields and my code
runs fine :-) but with a 25M overhead. It must be that Valentina are doing
something wrong when removing these fields or in allowing me to do something
that is not ok when I build the database???

As far as I can see, if fields are not used in any way and not linked or
part of any set relationship it should be safe to remove them or?

Joakim