[V4RB] Clone method error

Erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Thu May 11 00:11:14 CDT 2006

Hi Ruslan,

On 8-mag-06, at 10:56, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 5/7/06 2:23 PM, "Erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:
>
> Hi Erne,
>
>> trying to execute the DB.Clone(newFile) method I get a VException
>> with this message:
>>
>> Field name "_TMP_PTR_FIELD_VALENTINA249" is not unique.
>>
>> (using V4RB 2.3)
>>
>> Should I tell it to Mantis?
>
> Yes and include db compressed.
> It seems in your case even .vdb enough.

at last I've managed to set up an example, here's the report details:

Summary
0001596: [V4RB] Clone method error
Description
trying to execute the DB.Clone(newFile) method I get a VException
with this message:

Field name "_TMP_PTR_FIELD_VALENTINA249" is not unique.
Steps To Reproduce
run the attached project

(Just couldn't reproduce it in the standard clone example)

Additional Information
Trying to reproduce it in the standard Clone example I was not able
to do it
but have found a raliable way to get a crash:
Build a Cursor that joins 2 tables
Execute the DB.Clone method <- CRASH!

Reported as 0001597

Cool Runnings,