[VSERVER/V4RB] - Vserver on X.4.6, V4RB 2.3 Client Connection

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Sun May 7 08:14:32 CDT 2006

On 5/7/06 4:09 AM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> On 5/7/06 2:38 AM, "Russ Tyndall" <fitzbew at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> This is what I am experiencing, although I do not know the cause.
>>
>> I have an in-house app that's been used fairly heavily by two Mac OS X
>> machines, and is working pretty good.
>>
>> Yesterday, I began to tweak the Win32 version of the client app.
>>
>> Unfortunately, whenever I open the db from Win32, the db becomes unusable by
>> the OS X clients.  When the OS X apps try to insert a record, all the
>
> Do you mean by OPEN that AFTER WIN Client __connects__ to MAC Server,
>   do some work
>   disconnect
>
> Then future MAC Clients connections get problems?

Yes.  But the only "work" being done by the Win32 app is connecting and
opening the db and updating a single field in a User table that stores login
date/time.  After that, the Win32 app only creates a few ReadOnly vcursors
and later closes the connection.

Afterwards, when a Mac OS X (same RB 2006 app, just compiled for different
target) machine tried to insert a record, bad data is inserted into the
string and varchar fields.  Numeric data is stored properly.

The Vstudio diagnosis displays the problem described in the earlier excerpt
(included below).

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC