BitSet operations

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at valentina-db.com
Fri May 5 14:36:48 CDT 2006

Hello Joakim,

Friday, May 5, 2006, 1:48:08 PM, you wrote:

> The following code doesn't work, and I don't know why, it allways returns a
> NIL for the object to set. The Vset object passed to the function has over
> 5000 records and I know there is values in the range I look. But maybe you
> can see why?

Set oLngPlaces = fLngDeg.FindValue(Lng, oAllPlaces)' always returns nil

I  do  not see any mention about fLngDeg before. So I don't know which
table this field belongs to. I think you understand that FindValue will
be looking for records with fLngDeg==Lng  in records' range defined as
oAllPlaces.

Ok,
You get "passed set" from this call:
Set Res = lnk.FindLinked(.CountryID, tCountry, tPlaces)

Actually Res is ArraySet, but FindValue requires BitSet.

So you could try something like this one:
Set oLngPlaces = fLngDeg.FindValueAsArraySet(Lng, oAllPlaces)
instead of:
Set oLngPlaces = fLngDeg.FindValue(Lng, oAllPlaces)' always returns nil

 Ivan                            mailto:ivan_smahin ÎÁ valentina-db.com