VXCMD ver 1.X problems and support

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 27 12:46:32 CST 2006

On 3/27/06 3:25 AM, "Peter McConachie" <pmccon at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

Hi Peter,

> I'm battling with finalising an application and with some issues with VXCMD.
> I would appreciate any help.
>

> 1. VXCMD 1.11 Macho (ex
> http://www.paradigmasoft.com/en/products/download/V4REV) + MetaCard 2.6.2 +
> OSX 10.1.5 will not open. The first call "get Valentina("Version")" fails.
>
> Tested on OSX 10.3.4 and 10.4.2 it works OK. Externals list is correct.
>
> Can anyone indicate what is the lowest version of OSX they are successfully
> using with Version 1.11 & MCard 2.6.2 (or higher)

Peter, forget about OS X 10.1
That was almost Alpha-beta in fact.

> I'm wondering if I need to set my minimum requirements as OSX 10.2+ ?

I believe yes. Apple self in xcode start from 10.2 it seems.

> 2. I notice that on 18 Nov 2005 RunRev announced a special offer of VXCMD
> 1.12. It would seem to me that licensed user of Valentina 1.X should be able
> to obtain this update. I can't find any reference on the Valentina site. How
> do I get a copy and what has changed from 1.11 ?

1.12? Probably that is typo.
There was special offer to get 1.11 for FREE with Revolution bundle

> 3. Can anyone confirm successfully running Structure + BaseObject
> encryption. I am having an error (all platforms OSX & Win32) running the
> following query. Table Params is encrypted.
>
> SELECT a,b from Params Where C='S' ORDER BY a
>
> All runs OK without the ORDER BY.
>
> The same query works OK with Structure + Database encryption.

I think 1.x have problems with Table encryption.
Please use db encryption.

> 4. Point 3 brings me to my main concern. What is the proposed ongoing
> support for V1.x ?  I don't need the overhead of V2.x for my application and
> from a number of other posts will pay a speed penalty for the privelege.

2.x now is almost fast as 1.x.

Actually few developers already have point that 2.x is faster and MUCH
faster of 1.x in their tasks

Today I am going implement one new algorithm for joins.
It should speed up some tasks in hundreds times.

So generally speaking, 2.x is going to beat 1.x by speed :-)