[V4MD 2.2 win] Newbie question

John Georgiou jgeorgiou at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 20 09:27:51 CST 2006

Ofcourse,
Well, with a few words, the situation was like this:

Step 1. I created a new Valentina database with Vstudio and importing an
Access Mdb database via ODBC. Note that text was including Greek characters.
Everything was OK. All the queries and its results were right.

Step 2. I implemented a test director application, including the Valentina
Xtra. My problem was that using the same queries (using Greek text) , I
didn't get any results.

Step 3, and solution: I had to define the IOEncoding property to "Greek". So
my script was like this:
gDb = new (Xtra "VDatabase")
gDb.IOEncoding = "Greek"

Many - many thanks to Ivan.
John Georgiou

Hello John,

Thursday, March 16, 2006, 8:51:29 AM, you wrote:

>It's OK. What a simple solution!!!
>Thank you very much for your help.
>Best regards

One   more   thing   I would ask you. Could you please make some notes
about it to the mailing list? It would be helpful for others.
Thanks.

Ivan