Problem when closing connection to the server

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:09:04 CST 2006

Don,

You need to do it in this order I believe:

Database_Close
Server_CloseSession
Shutdown

Calling Shutdown before CloseSession de-initializes the Valentina
kernel, without disconnecting form the server properly.  I believe
that's why you're getting the message you're getting in the log.

Chris

On Mar 13, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Don Toro wrote:

> When I close the connection to the server it logs this error:
>  10:35:44.401000 (268): Client has been suddenly disconnected (236)
>
> Here the sequence of commands when I close the connection to the
> database:
>  Database_Close
>  Shutdown
>  Server_CloseSession
> This is a server version a70.
>
> One more question. I have looked at the system requirements but I
> was hoping to get a little more detailed info. I need all the
> operating systems spelled out. I cannot tell my user Win32 such as
> Win95,2000, etc. Also, what platforms have you tested it on?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Donard Toro
> Information Manager/Computer Programmer
> Thinking Publications, a division of
> McKinley Companies, Inc.
> 424 Galloway Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703
> Phone: 1.800.225.4769 (US) & 1.715.832.2488
> Fax: 1.800.828.8885 (US) & 1.715.832.9082
> www.ThinkingPublications.com

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company