Checking schemas

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Mar 6 23:08:00 CST 2006

I am converting my app to use Valentina 2 and I am using Convert_1_2 to convert version 1 databases to version 2 databases.

In my Valentina 1 app, I always check the schema of the db to make sure the user is trying to open a database compatible with the current version of the app.  I want to check this schema to make sure that my users are only converting the most up to date version of the database.  Using the Valentina 2 function of GetSchemaVersion will not work on a Valentina 1 database.  Is there some other way I can check the schema version of the database before allowing it to be converted?

--
Steve Albin - Montclair, NJ
http://www.jazzdiscography.com/