[V4MD 2.2 win] Newbie question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Mar 2 16:35:39 CST 2006

On 3/2/06 4:12 PM, "John Georgiou" <jgeorgiou at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi John,

> Hi all,
> I make some experiments with the trial version of valentina xtra (Version
> 2.2) and I have a problem.
> I imported an Access (mdb) database via ODBC and Valentina Studio and I
> created a new database. Some of the fields contain Greek characters.

> As I saw in Valentina Studio the columns have Locale Name : Greek and Storage
> Eencoding: UTF16 . This Happend automaticaly and I suppose is right.

Ok, so Valentina Studio have create the whole structure of Valentina db,
Right?

> When I try to make some queries (inside Director and Valentina Studio) with
> Latin characters everythingworks fine, and I get results.

ok

> The problem is when I try to make a query with Greek characters. In
> Valentina studio I get the result fine, but when I create my query inside
> Director I get nothing.

So Valentina Studio returns correct results. Good.

> Do I have to change something in the database? Or
> may be I have to change the string I create in Director to something else?

Greek is one of the Roman languages group, right ?

Can you show your query?
May be if db is not big (compressed) send it to Ivan (see CC)
With simple .dir file to test