Newbie question

John Georgiou jgeorgiou at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:12:00 CST 2006

Hi all,
I make some experiments with the trial version of valentina xtra (Version
2.2) and I have a problem.
I imported an Access (mdb) database via ODBC and Valentina Studio and I
created a new database. Some of the fields contain Greek characters. As I
saw in Valentina Studio the columns have Locale Name : Greek and Storage
Eencoding: UTF16 . This Happend automaticaly and I suppose is right.

When I try to make some queries (inside Director and Valentina Studio) with
Latin characters everythingworks fine, and I get results.
The problem is when I try to make a query with Greek characters. In
Valentina studio I get the result fine, but when I create my query inside
Director I get nothing. Do I have to change something in the database? Or
may be I have to change the string I create in Director to something else?

Thanks in advance for any available help