V4RB 2.3 doesn't respect case-insensitivity when inserting new data

Dave Addey listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jun 28 17:40:32 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I didn't follow this up in March - sorry.  But it's still a problem in V4RB
2.3 for me.

Here's the problem:

I have these collation settings for a table:

Alternate Handling: UCOL_NON_IGNORABLE
Case First: UCOL_OFF
Case Level: UCOL_OFF
French Collation: UCOL_OFF
Quaternary Mode: UCOL_OFF
Normalization Mode: UCOL_OFF
Strength: UCOL_PRIMARY

I have checked that individual fields do not have their own collation
settings.

When I first insert some data into the database, I find that my LIKE
searches on this data are not case-insensitive.  However, if I quit my
application, and then launch it again, using the same database, I then find
that my searches are case-insensitive.  If I drop all tables from the
database, re-create the tables, and re-import, then the same problem occurs.

Any idea what is happening here?  I would submit a copy of my database to
Mantis, but it seems that the problem goes away as soon as I quit the
application - so the database I get afterwards works fine :-(

Any ideas?

Dave.