We need drop support of Panther 10.3.9

Brendan Murphy bmurf at comcast.net
Tue Jun 27 11:40:16 CDT 2006

Obviously it will affect us especially with legacy application
that will get updated.

The problem with what you are suggesting is that it will limit the
markets which we can sell into on the Mac since not everyone is on
10.4. I don't know what the current stats are for distribution of
users across 10.2 to 10.4, but the last time Apple showed the
stats, it was pretty evenly spread across the board. So if you
have to move up to 10.4 for technical reasons, then it is really a
matter of timing as to when you release it. I would say it would
be a good policy to support one legacy OS. So today that would
mean you support 10.4 and 10.3. When 10.5 comes out, then I would
say you could drop 10.3 support. That's reasonable.